Sunday, March 25, 2012

This Is Getting Embarrassing...

I still haven't managed to catch a shot of the egg. I can't believe how long it's been. Unbelievably, despite my pushing my nose up against the window and shouting, "SHOW ME YOUR BABY... WHY WON'T YOU SHOW ME YOUR BABY???" ParentPigeon is nonplussed. S/he just tilts her head and dilates a pupil at me.

But, in the interest of photo content, I thought I'd show off my 10-Daily-Minutes-Of-Natural-Light as evidenced through pigeon halo.

Because the space between my building and the one next to it is only about three feet wide, I get my only natural living-room light between about 1:15 and 1:25 PM every day, give or take depending on season. So, here is ParentPigeon, in all its androgynous glory, enjoying 10 minutes of vitamin D, glaring pupil and all.

In other news, yesterday I had to make an emergency sweatshirt purchase at Brooklyn Industries (with whom, by the way, I disagree on the appropriate cost of a sweatshirt), the temperature having dropped beyond my tshirt's comfort zone. My purchase? Zip-up hoody with "Brooklyn" across the chest, and a little pigeon silhouette standing atop the "Y".

Yes, they Put A Bird On It. Seemed fitting.

6 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could confuse parent pigeon enough to move for one moment. A dummy egg placed upon the sill, on your side of the window. Or a dummy nest. Or a dummy crow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean, instead of just the dummy yelling "SHOW ME YOUR BABY..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised. That alone should have distressed the pigeon.

      Delete
    2. S/he's used to my face an inch and some glass away from her. It's been almost a year now of me doing this.

      Delete
  3. You think it's the same parents as last year?

    Time lapse photo app on your phone? If you could bear to be parted from it that long -- I couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do - pigeons almost always mate for life, and it would make sense that the same couple would know about this hidden spot to come back to. My phone, though not an ancient flip phone, is only mildly smart, and can't do fancy things like download apps. Not to mention I'd definitely have a conniption to be away from it for that long. BUT! I got a picture of the egg(s!!) finally, and will post shortly.

      Delete