Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Babies!

Mom and Dad have gotten very crafty. It used to be, when the changing of the guard happened, there was a period of time - as long as a minute - where neither adult was on top of the nest, and I had a wide open view of the eggs/baby. I think, however, they figured out that whenever they leave the nest exposed, a large, wide-grinned predator suddenly appears on the other side of the clear wall, and clumsily flashes a metal box at them. So they've started to both squeeze onto the nest, until the relieving partner is fully situated, and then the first sitting partner gets off the nets.

CRAFTY!!!

But! I got 'em yesterday. Dad/Mom and I had a total stare-down. The babies are getting big enough that their heads pop up in front of the adult's chest. I sat at my window staring at the little buggers, with the adult staring at me. After a while, something changed, where I can only imagine the adult decided they were safe, and began feeding. I'm honored.

So, without further ado, a couple videos. The first I like to call "Sibling Rivalry" and the second I call, simply, "Feeding."



1 comment: