Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Trouble With Journalism


As always, the picture isn't stellar, but you can see, Big and Little are more and more pigeony every day.  This pose is one they spend a lot of time in - usually with Big plunking himself atop Little. There's a lot of cuddling that happens, and a lot of bodily pushing one another around the A/C that vaguely looks like cuddling, vaguely looks like an MMA battle.

Activities of late: wing practice, pecking practice, and awkward family photo time, which happens when ParentPigeons come back, and they all wind up in some odd configuration or another, usually with one or more of the children sitting on the parents' heads. Seriously.

Unfortunately, I've started to fear my overzealous picture- and video-taking is interfering with their pigeon activities, as evidenced by the "Who Dat?" video from my last post. I mean, if you know me, you know what I feel about food - the last thing in the world I ever want to do to is interrupt someone's meal. I'll still try to get some video - it won't be long now till they fly the coop - but I've got to ease off a bit and let them do their thing, fowl as it may be (har har har).

I did get this, though, more disturbing feeding footage, rendered ridiculous by the totally coincidental background music, Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd(!!)'s Desafinado.  Between the music, and the slightly sped up quality of the video, it reads like a misguided Benny Hill sketch.  He did like his chicks...


1 comment:

  1. wow. Nicely done. Completely worth saving and re-utilizing in some as yet unknown future context, too.

    ReplyDelete